SkipperBnB is a web service allows its users to find competent skippers to sail their chosen boat for the desired period of time.
HOW IT WORKS
ETIQUETTE AND REMINDERS
- Shoes for ashore should not be worn on board.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the yacht for safety reasons. Smoking is permitted on deck only.
- Pets are allowed only previously agreed and permitted by the Charter Company.
- Even if the skipper is hired by the charterer (you) from the legal point of view he is the captain and responsible for the crew and boat safety. Their instructions and decisions regarding the boat are mandatory on the sea.
- The guarantee amount for the charter is payed by the charterer and not the skipper and the charterer is responsible for all the damages, regardless if it is considered the skipper's fault.
- All the skippers listed on SkipperBnB have Skipper Liability Insurance that offers a skipper cover throughout the year against damages which occur during the use of another's motor or sailing yacht. The cover takes effect when the yacht's own liability insurance cannot be applied. The use of dinghies and other water sports equipment is also insured. This insurance is available to both private and commercial skippers and ensures cover worldwide. This insurance is used to cover mainly the damage to other boats or personal injuries on the boat (that are not covered by the guarantee amount paid to the Charter Company for the rented boat damage)
- The Skipper usually will not require a cabin in the boat. He will sleep in the saloon or on the deck when weather conditions permit. Some boats have special "crew cabins" in the front with separate access, that will be used by the skipper. A cabin can be provided upon availability.
- Some skippers DO demand one cabin for himself, please see the listings details and filters.
- A skipper is the driver of the boat; he is not the cook, the cleaning person or the mechanic, even if occasionally he will fulfill this roles. The crew should organize itself for cooking and cleaning and not expect from the skipper.
- Some marinas may be full or some places may not have access to electricity, water or showers. Please remember, is not the skipper's fault. Also the skipper may take decision depending on the weather or conditions to anchor the boat to some distance from the shore.
- The crew is not obliged to take the skipper with them at the restaurants they go to, but should provide supplies on the boat for his meals.
If your yacht charter has been everything you hoped it would be, by all means show your appreciation with a discretionary gratuity. As a guideline, we would suggest between 10% and 20% of the skippers' fee.
Rights of Content
The users themselves retain the right to all text, pictures and other content that they create in the service. The users allow others to utilize the content in accordance with the nature of the service and furthermore allow the service provider to file information and data and make changes that are necessary for the service or the study, however other rights are not transferred from the users, unless specifically otherwise agreed. The responsibility of the content lies with the user, who has produced it to the service. The service provider has the right to remove any material when it deems it necessary.
The Removal of a User
The service provider has the right to remove any users or listings from SkipperBnB and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.
Subject to the limitations set out in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to our services,
However and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the site and its contents shall be liable for (i) any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, (ii) any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the charter operator as made available on our website, (iii) the services rendered or the products offered by the boats, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or (v) for any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by the User, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the charter operator (its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies), including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
The User undertakes to use the website, its functions and the service for lawful purposes and according to the present General Terms and Conditions. Particularly, the User undertakes neither to send or spread, through the website and its functions, illicit, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive or disturbing content, nor to use the website and its functions to perform any acts which could cause damage to the image and reputation of SkipperBnB or any other loss or damage to SkipperBnB . Moreover, the User undertakes not to send advertising materials, undesirable and/or unsolicited communications which could interfere with the functionality and/or the use of the website by third parties.